STOPAIDS is looking for a Advocacy Manager maternity cover who will work with the Director to lead the development and co-ordination of the organisation’s advocacy work to ensure that UK stakeholders continue to play a leading role in achieving the SDG goal of ending AIDS as a public health threat by 2030.
An excellent team leader, the Advocacy Manager is both a source of expertise to the wider staff team and the membership, and a first-class convener, capable of drawing out the voice and leadership of people living with and affected by HIV, member organisations and other members of staff. A sound tactician, the Advocacy Manager plays a critical role in developing the distinctive voice of our lobbying and campaigns and ensuring strong synergies between them. As with all STOPAIDS staff, and in partnership with the Director, the Advocacy Manager will work to ensure the sustainability of the organisation contributing 15% of his/her time to fundraising.
Key Accountabilities Include
- To lead, in partnership with the Director, the development, implementation and monitoring of the organisation’s advocacy priorities and specifically lead on assigned advocacy objectives. [50%]
- To co-ordinate the advocacy team on a day-to-day basis with line management to the Senior Advocacy Advisor and the Advocacy Officer [15%]
- To partner the Director in overseeing the development and implementation of the organisation’s advocacy strategy, including the advocacy components of the Results Framework and the organisation’s monitoring and evaluation approach [15%]
- To partner the Director, Development and Network Manager and membership, in the development and submission of funding proposals and reports relating to the organisation’s advocacy work, and manage grants applicable to identified priority advocacy areas [15%]
- Application of MIPA (Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV) principles to STOPAIDS work [5%]
The role would be subject to a three-month probation period.
Download the Application Pack Here
Please email your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the completed application to STOPAIDS, Grayston Centre, 28 Charles Square, London, N1 6HT.
Closing date: 6pm Monday 3rd June 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 5th and Friday 7th June 2019