Communications and Campaigns Officer
Are you passionate about global health, with a proven ability to develop and implement communication and campaign strategies? If yes, this might be the job for you! This role would suit an innovative and energetic person with excellent communication skills, the ability to motivate others and strong project management skills.
We are looking for a Communications and Campaigns Officer for the Action for Global Health Network UK (AfGH UK), which represents over 60 of the UK’s leading NGOs, research institutions and health experts working to promote and improve global health.
STOPAIDS hosts the Action for Global Health UK (AfGH UK) network. AfGH UK believes that the UK Government should play a leading role in realising the right to health for all globally and works on a broad range of health issues with a focus on the quantity and quality of UK development assistance for health. The network provides a unique co-ordination and convening role mobilising UK global health advocates working towards a common strategy to hold UK government and global health institutions and stakeholders accountable, as well as providing a vital platform for dialogue between UK and global civil society and the UK Government.
The AfGH UK Communications and Campaigns Officer is responsible for developing, coordinating and guiding the communications and campaign activities for Action for Global Health.
Key Accountabilities include:
1. To mobilise and coordinate communications and campaigns activity by the network and other intersecting development actors to advocate for continued UK leadership on global health, in addition to specific policy and funding goals [60%]
2. To develop and implement Action for Global Health’s communications strategy [20%]
3. To support the Co-ordinator in grant management and the development of funding proposals and reports relating to the organisation’s advocacy work [15%]
4. Other duties as directed by the Co-ordinator [5%]
Download the application pack here:
Please e-mail your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the completed application to STOPAIDS, Grayston Centre, 28 Charles Square, London, N1 6HT.
Closing date: Midnight, 5th November 2019
Interview date: Friday 8th November 2019
Action for Global Health is seeking a consultant to undertake a ‘shadow’ stocktake report on the UK Government’s work on global health, incorporating all health Official Development Assistance (ODA) across various government departments, including the Department for International Development (DFID), Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
The stocktake report will set out the UK Government’s current work on global health, how this contributes to international commitments and targets on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3 and Universal Health Coverage (UHC), and our recommendations for the UK Government going forward. The report will be used as an advocacy tool by the global health sector with parliamentarians, civil servants and ministers to demonstrate what the UK Government is doing on global health, how this contributes to international commitments and targets on SDG3 and UHC that the UK Government has signed up to, and any areas for improvement.
Please find the full ‘Terms of Reference’ below.
If you are interested, please send:
- A (no more than) two-page expression of interest outlining your approach to the above scope of work and how many days you think the work will require to complete.
- A one page cover letter outlining your suitability for this consultancy.
- Your CV and the name of one referee.
- Indicative budget, including travel costs.
to Katie Husselby (email@example.com) by 5pm 30th October 2019.
If you would like to discuss this Terms of Reference before submitting an expression of interest, please contact Katie.