Senior Finance Officer
STOPAIDS is looking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer (14 hours per week). This is an essential role that will be responsible for the financial management of the organisation. The successful applicant must have both the initiative and the ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy with limited supervision. It is essential to have experience of booking keeping and an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. You will have strong financial analysis and reporting skills as well as technical accounting skills. The successful candidate will be an all-rounder, is well-organised, and who enjoys the challenges of supporting a small and friendly team.
Lead the financial management of the organisation in line with our policies and procedures.
- Process all invoices, bills, direct debits and expenses claims.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for banking and manage the cash flow
- Work with our payroll company to produce monthly salaries, pension and HMRC payments.
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Manage the audit process and the preparation of year end accounts.
- Partner other staff in the preparation of budget information to donors and member organisations.
- Take responsibility for accurate reporting to donors and Trustees.
- Generate timely reports, projections and analysis to enable the senior management team to make strategic decisions and longer-term fundraising priorities.
- Take on the role of Company Secretary, and report appropriately to the Charity Commission and Company House and ensure compliance to government requirements.
Download the application pack here:
Please email your completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 6th March 2019