Mental Health Matters
STOPAIDS has collaborated with New Castle University, YouthSTOPAIDS, Restless Development and UNIADS to launch a special report that explored the mental health of young people living with HIV. To launch this global exploratory survey report we are webinar discussion about mental health challenges faced by young people living with HIV and youth activists.
About the event: Young people in today’s world face many mental health challenges, especially those living with and affected by HIV who have intersecting factors that impact their health and well-being. Youth campaigners in the HIV response face also face mental health challenges, particularly in tough political environments.
This webinar will attempt to better understand the key factors impacting the mental health of young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) and youth activists in the HIV response.
The webinar will take place on Tuesday 10th January 2022 at 1 pm UK time, and will include:
- The launch of a report based on a survey undertaken to explore the mental health of young people living with HIV (YPLHIV).
- A presentation from UNAIDS
- Perspective Spotlight from a Youth campaigner
- Perspective Spotlight from a young person living with HIV
- Learning session led by a mental health practitioner
Links for more information: