As a member based convening network, STOPAIDS knows the value of support and facilitation, particularly for smaller organisations. Our contributions to global health and the HIV response are not just evidenced through our advocacy efforts but also our organisational structure.
STOPAIDS supports organisations/ groups in the global public health space to achieve their goals by hosting their staff and/or providing governance, financial administration and project support services. This back office support gives the institutional framework necessary for smaller organisation to exist and work without registering as separate legal entities- which is not always possible for smaller organisations from a capacity and resource standpoint. STOPAIDS currently hosts or supports:
- Action For Global Health: a UK advocacy network of 4 staff with 55 member organisations focused on global health. We hold their funding and employ the staff.
- Students For Global Health: a network of global health student campaigners in the UK. We hold their funding and employ the Coordinator who has line management from Action for Global Health.
- All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on HIV & AIDS: we employ the Coordinator and provide them with an annual grant.
- Youth Stop AIDS: a network of 300 youth campaigners: we financially support and provide guidance to and matrix manage the Coordinator.
- UNITAID Board NGO Delegation: we hold the delegation grant and employ the UNITAID NGO Delegation communication focal point.
- Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+): we have an MoU with GNP+ to employ 2 members of their staff based in the UK.